"Reproducing" is the process in which we are retesting the bugs which we have reported in bug tracking system.If you didn't get the bug u can closed the bug.
This case occur in 2 scenarios, first , if we found an issue then again we need to confirm whether it's able to reproduce before going to log, second, if the same issue was not able to reproduce by developer then we need to show again as how to reproduce the issue.
So better always maintain the screen shots as proof and provide it along with bug.
If bug was not reproducible then next step : If the issue is not able to reproduce in dev environment then try it in testing environment, if it's still not able to reproduce in test environment then try to show the screen shot as issue is there while doing our testing. This will naturally happens when there is conflict in the versions, or if some one upload the new version files with out following the process.
When it comes to non â reproducble issues, we must try to reproduce the issue in the same environment. What it means is that, you need to work with the same build in which the issue is reported & make sure that the whole environment is in sync with the environment in which the issue occured.
If some tries to validate the same in latest environment the chances will be less because things might have been changed. All the information captured around the issue should help us to debug more to discover the root cause.
How will reproduce a defect:::
- Clear all cache and cookies while performing the scenario.
- Watch and observe every step.
- Sometimes looking for similar bug or patterns can be helpful in reproducing a bug. It will be easier to identify the scenario if the pattern is understood.
- Noting down each and every step and other factors (like test data, environment, system settings, screenshots, server logs etc) will be a good practice to easily replicate the scenario.
- Verify a few more times to determine the occurrence of defect. Do not trust and report further on the basis of one single time occurrence of the issue.