1. Open Project Wizard, and select Maven.
2. In the right-hand pane, specify the following options:
Project SDK - specify your project SDK(JDK). If the necessary JDK is already defined in IntelliJ IDEA, select it from the list. Otherwise, click New and select the installation folder of the desired JDK.
If you want to create a Maven project based on one of the Maven Archetypes, select the Create from archetype check box, and select the desired archetype from the list. Click Next.
3. Enter information about your maven project. The Group Id should be driven from your organisation, e,g, for website http://mayurshah.in, we use in.mayurshah. The Artifact Id should be your project name. You can keep version as it is. Fill out any other information you need, and click Finish.
4. On the next page of the wizard, specify project's information and click Finish.
5. Thats All! IntelliJ IDEA creates a project with pom.xml