Software testing services follow incremental and iterative approach of testing to update the product in earlier stage of development instead of performing the changes at a later stage. In agile methodology, the application is developed and tested in smaller builds and then the multiple iterations are done for fixing and testing these builds.
Here are few roles and responsibilities of agile tester:
- An agile tester should be a team player and should have outstanding coordination with the team.
- Agile testers follow exploratory approach instead of testing as per drafted steps.
- Instead of focusing on breaking the code while testing, validation of the features as per specification should be the focus.
- You should follow the continuous testing approach for preventing defects.
- An agile tester should have good knowledge about agile methodologies. He should have active participation in daily standup meetings, should join sessions regarding the product user stories which he need to test, and attend regular retrospection meetings to ensure the implementation of impediments required.
- Actively coordinating with developers, product management teams, etc. helps in making the product requirements more clear and understandable.
- Closely working with the product management to understand the expectations, acceptance tests planning and overall acceptance tests coverage.
- Knowledge of the automation testing tool implementation to cater the regression testing.
- Tester should have knowledge of setting up the test environments, test data for functional/ volume test execution.
- Creating the test report and sharing it across the teams involved in agile process to keep the team informed about the progress and defects encountered.
- Should have good coordination with the product management team and stakeholders for iteration planning and further project plans.